GID owns and operates over 51,000 multifamily units across the United States. The firm’s vertically-integrated operating platform provides a broad scope of knowledge and experience in managing, operating and investing in multifamily properties.
GID’s capabilities include:
- Portfolio Management
- Asset Management
- Research and Data Analytics
- Property Management
- Finance and Corporate Operations
GID’s in-house property management company, Windsor Communities, manages the company’s multifamily communities across the nation. Windsor’s on-the-ground operations provides the firm’s professionals an acute understanding of local markets and real-time investment conditions. Windsor has achieved a long-standing reputation in the property management industry and is continuously recognized for its top-rated customer service, established and successful ESG standards, cutting-edge technology, notable marketing, and outstanding maintenance services.
GID manages multiple investment vehicles across the risk spectrum.
GID’s core multifamily co-investment strategy targets institutional-quality, stabilized assets in well-located markets across the United States. These vehicles aim to provide stable income and modest appreciation over the long-term.
GID’S core-plus multifamily strategy targets Class B multifamily assets between 10-35 years old with in-place rents that are typically 50% to 80% of those in new construction and can generally be acquired at a meaningful discount to replacement cost. The firm’s core-plus portfolio focuses on growth and income and targets the top 25 U.S markets1 where strong economic fundamentals provide attractive investment opportunities.
GID’s build-to-core strategy partners with the nation’s leading merchant developers to develop best-in-class assets in strong performing markets across the United States. The firm has established a number of institutional client relationships and GID’S build-to-core investments are typically made on behalf of the firm’s co-investment vehicles and provide a significant pipeline of new core assets for these mandates.
- 27th Largest Private Multifamily Owner in the United States2
- #1 in GRESB Residential Multi-family and Americas Regional Sector Leader in 2019 and 2020 for one GID separately managed account3,4,5
- Top rated property management company by Kingsley and ORA6, 7
- Top markets based on size (gross metro product and population), growth and depth of commercial real estate investment value.
- National Multifamily Housing Council 2022.
- Third-party rankings and recognition are based on information prepared and/or submitted by GID and third-party consultants. GID paid a fee of $9,600.00 for its GRESB submittal. Please refer to the more thorough disclosure and additional information about the criteria used in making these rankings via the website of the publication and/or organization granting such recognition.
- Ranking earned by one GID joint venture program.
- One additional GID investment vehicle in the same asset class earned a top ten ranking in its first reporting year.
- Kingsley, a national surveying system that measures tenant, resident, employee, and client experience ranked Windsor Communities as winner of the KingsleySurveys Elite Five. This award was given by Grace Hill – the multifamily industry’s top online talent training platform provider – to Windsor for exceeding the Kingsley Index in resident satisfaction in 2021.
- J Turner Research is the leading online reputation management firm. Its Online Reputation Assessment (ORA) score serves as the industry standard for measuring a property’s online reputation. In 2021, GID’s Multifamily management company, Windsor Communities, has been named by J Turner Research as one of the top five management companies.
Rent an Apartment